Re: Possible bug: SQL function parameter in window frame definition - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Possible bug: SQL function parameter in window frame definition
Date
List pgsql-general

 Alastair> Hi all,

 Alastair> I noticed this strange behaviour whilst trying to write a
 Alastair> function for Postgres 11.5 (PostgreSQL 11.5 on
 Alastair> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623
 Alastair> (Red Hat 4.8.5-36), 64-bit) and reduced it to this minimal
 Alastair> example. Using a function parameter in the window frame
 Alastair> definition seems to be the cause of the error.

 [...]

 Alastair> This appears to be a bug to me.

Yes, it's a bug, related to function inlining (the select f(3); is not
inlined and therefore works, but the select * from f(3); is being
inlined, but the original Param is somehow making it into the final plan
rather than being substituted with its value). Looking into why.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)