Re: On future conferences - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: On future conferences
Date
Re: On future conferences
Re: On future conferences
Re: On future conferences
Re: On future conferences
List pgsql-advocacy
After a long battle with technology, josh@agliodbs.com (Josh Berkus), an earthling, wrote:
> Ishii-San,
>
>> > If you guys don't mind to have the conference in Japan next year, I
>> > would like to start discussions with JPUG/community/business people if
>> > we could do anything for this.
>
> Hmmm ... would JPUG want to host a bilingual conference?  I don't find this
> out of the question.   The main issue would be that accomodations etc. in
> Tokyo are very expensive.  At least there's plenty of direct flights.

It strikes me that for 2007 to be the year of "regional PostgreSQL
conferences" might be a neat idea.

Thus, one in Japan, one in eastern Canada, perhaps one in the western
US, perhaps one or more in Europe and elsewhere, with the assumption
of rather less heavy travel being involved than was the case for the
"Anniversary" conference.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "gmail.com")
http://linuxfinances.info/info/languages.html