Re: On future conferences - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: On future conferences
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Christopher Browne wrote:
> After a long battle with technology, josh@agliodbs.com (Josh Berkus), an earthling, wrote:
>> Ishii-San,

>> Hmmm ... would JPUG want to host a bilingual conference?  I don't find this
>> out of the question.   The main issue would be that accomodations etc. in
>> Tokyo are very expensive.  At least there's plenty of direct flights.
>
> It strikes me that for 2007 to be the year of "regional PostgreSQL
> conferences" might be a neat idea.

I agree, my original thought was to tack onto other conferences for
example, LinuxWorld West runs tue-thu, we run our conference "in"
Linuxworld West by actually have a booth that people can sit at and talk
to us, then on Friday we host a series of talks etc... or something.

That allows us to reach out to people who don't know about us, including
informing them of something that is happening at the very end of the show.

Western US is a good idea, we have *alot* of potential community members
on this side.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/