Re: On future conferences - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: On future conferences
Date
Re: On future conferences  ("Satoshi Nagayasu" <snaga@snaga.org>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh,

> I agree, my original thought was to tack onto other conferences for
> example, LinuxWorld West runs tue-thu, we run our conference "in"
> Linuxworld West by actually have a booth that people can sit at and talk
> to us, then on Friday we host a series of talks etc... or something.

If we're going to do anything in the Western US, I think a PostgreSQL Day at
OSCON makes more sense (we were invited to have one last year).  It's a
better conference, run by better staff who are far more communicative, and it
would be either free or very low cost.

However, I don't want to take away from Ottawa being the "main"
English-language conference, if we decide to do Ottawa at all.  That should
be the one, for example, that we do travel sponsorships for.

Maybe Tokyo in 2008?  Make the annual JPUG conference multi-lingual?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun