Re: Arrays of Complex Types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: Arrays of Complex Types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"David Fetter" <david@fetter.org> writes:

>> >2. Make a command: CREATE TYPE ARRAY OF "foo";
>> >
>> >The latter has the benefit of not restricting it to an arbitrary choice
>> >of types, you could accept both domains and composite types here.
>
> I'm thinking that DOMAINs over simple types should just automatically
> get corresponding array types.  We don't yet support DOMAINs over
> complex types, but when we do, whatever we do with arrays of regular
> complex types should apply the same way.

Just a thought, but if we supported domains over complex types we could kill
two birds with one stone and say when you create a domain the array type is
created and that's how you have to refer to arrays over complex types.
Probably doesn't make anything easier though. Just a thought.