Problem with ODBC in current CVS? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Bruce Stephens
Subject Problem with ODBC in current CVS?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I've been trying to get StarOffice 5.2 working with PostgreSQL grabbed
directly from CVS, and have been having no end of problems (I'm sure I
had this working with StarOffice 5.1 months ago, but I don't remember
how, alas).  (It probably doesn't help that I don't really understand
what ODBC is doing.)

Anyway, using the iodbc driver manager and libpsqlodbc, I seem to be
getting close.  StarOffice connects but shows no tables.  From the
libpsqlodbc log file, it appears to be trying this:

select relname,usename,relhasrules from pg_class,pg_user        where relkind = 'r' and relname !~ '^pg_|^dd_' and
relname !~ '^xinv[0-9]+' and       int4out(usesysid) = int4out(relowner)order by relname

which returns no rows when I try it by hand.  These int4out's look
iffy to me.  Aren't usesysid and relowner int2?  Why does it need to
do any conversion anyway?  Why not just usesysid=relowner?  What am I
missing?