Re: int8/float8/time/timestamp[tz]/float4 passed by value, was Re: Fix HAVE_LONG[_LONG]_INT_64 to really define to 1 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: int8/float8/time/timestamp[tz]/float4 passed by value, was Re: Fix HAVE_LONG[_LONG]_INT_64 to really define to 1
Date
In response to int8/float8/time/timestamp[tz]/float4 passed by value, was Re: Fix HAVE_LONG[_LONG]_INT_64 to really define to 1  (Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb@cybertec.at>)
Responses Re: int8/float8/time/timestamp[tz]/float4 passed by value, was Re: Fix HAVE_LONG[_LONG]_INT_64 to really define to 1  (Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-patches
"Zoltan Boszormenyi" <zb@cybertec.at> writes:

> - the int8inc(), int2_sum() and int4_sum() used pointers directly from the
> Datums
>  for performance, that code path is now commented out, the other code path
>  is correct for the AggState and !AggState runs and correct every time and now
>  because of the passbyval nature of int8, the !AggState version is not slower
>  than using the pointer directly.

Does this mean count() and sum() are slower on a 32-bit machine?

--
  Gregory Stark