Re: Fw: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: text = integer? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Fw: how to resolve org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: operator does not exist: text = integer?
Date
List pgsql-sql

 Karen> This is a continuation of my last problem - not sure if I should
 Karen> write from there cos the first part was solved with the help
 Karen> from this group.

 Karen> I was trying to get the matching tutor_id with the parameter
 Karen> values which is in this case subject_names from a table which
 Karen> contains both the tutor_id and the subject_names.

 Karen> Here's the error message:

When you post these questions, you really need to include the ACTUAL SQL
TEXT of the query, not just the code snippet that constructs the query
(because that way we can't see for sure what query actually got
constructed). The best place to find that is in the postgresql server's
own logs.

I would guess that the problem is that you're passing an integer
parameter where you ought to be passing a string.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)