Re: Data Warehouse - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Data Warehouse
Date
List pgsql-general
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, systemguards@gmail.com ("Jaime Casanova") transmitted:
> Anyone here knows if exists a data warehouse software that uses
> postgresql?  if it is open source that will be a plus...

There tends to be 3 parts to this...

1.  Data storage

The RDBMS of your choice...

2.  ETL - Loading data into the data store.

Often this is a custom application, as it must be attuned to your
unique data sources.

Bizgres spun off something called KETL; some might consider Perl or
Python to be "the ETL software."

3.  Query tools

The Bizgres guys have put together some tools for this; you may also
be able to hook up commercial tools from Cognos and Business Objects
and such.

Or build your own...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;