Dead code as a result of plan cache invalidation? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Dead code as a result of plan cache invalidation?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Should this case at heaptuple.c:1606 be turned into an elog() now that we have
plan cache invalidation? If it "can't" happen then it's probably better that
we find out if it does happen rather than silently run the old plan and return
nulls.
/* * If the attribute's column has been dropped, we force a NULL result. * This case should not happen in normal use,
butit could happen if we * are executing a plan cached before the column was dropped. */if (tupleDesc->attrs[attnum -
1]->attisdropped){   *isnull = true;    return (Datum) 0;}