Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per
Date
In response to Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> When the startup process wakes up after sleep to replay WAL, it does
> replay all the WAL streamed that far. And if more WAL if streamed during
> the replay, it's replayed too before the next sleep. But when it does
> reach the end of already-streamed WAL, it sleeps for 100ms, and doesn't
> wake up earlier if a WAL record arrives during the sleep.

Thanks for the clear picture. It then works the same as PGQ based
consumers, including londiste. I'm now happy ☻

> So, it does increase the lag artificially, but it will keep up with the
> volume just fine.

Great. No further complain from me there. I guess it now entirely
depends on how easy it is to wake up before the end of the 100ms: it
might be that it's easier to code the signaling than to add a GUC for
the value?

Regards,
--
dim