Re: perlcritic: prohibit map and grep in void conext - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Subject Re: perlcritic: prohibit map and grep in void conext
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 01:26:23PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> I'm fine with increasing this policy, but I don't have strong feelings.  If we
>> feel the perlcritic policy change is too much, I would still prefer to go ahead
>> with the map rewrite part of the patch though.
>
> I have no issue either about the rewrite part of the patch, so I'd
> tend to just do this part and move on.  Daniel, would you like to
> apply that?

Why the resistance to the perlcritic part?  That one case is the only
violation in the tree today, and it's a pattern we don't want to let
back in (I will surely object every time I see it when reviewing
patches), so why not automate it?

- ilmari