Re: A small rant about coding style for backend functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: A small rant about coding style for backend functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Having said that, there are two or three tips worth knowing about
>> pg_indent's behavior, like when and how to use dashes to prevent
>> comment blocks from being re-flowed.  But it's a short list.
>
> Agreed, and the developer's FAQ already has this:
>
>     <P><I>pgindent</I> will the format code by specifying flags to your

What I would like to see are guidelines on the more important issues. Things
like always using PG_GETARG_* and DatumGet* rather than explicitly calling
pg_detoast_datum() and so on.

Actually I'm not sure what else would fall under "and so on".

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's 24x7 Postgres support!