Status of interactive psql's error handling? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Stark
Subject Status of interactive psql's error handling?
Date
List pgsql-general
What's the current status on psql handling typos and interrupts more usefully
by automatically encapsulating every statement in a savepoint? I'm just
curious whether it's already in for 8.1 or if it got stalled.

I ask because I just got bit again by a typo where I accidently deleted the
wrong data and would dearly love to be able to start using autocommit=off so I
can double check my ad-hoc database work before committing. I adopted this
when I was working with Oracle and it saved my life more times than I can
remember. But it's really not feasible if every typo requires starting from
scratch.

--
greg