Re: Remote Sync - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Douglas McNaught
Subject Re: Remote Sync
Date
List pgsql-general
"Daniel Blaisdell" <lunk.djedi@gmail.com> writes:

> I am currently in a situation where I have a distributed application
> between a few remote nodes all connecting to a central database. I
> have been searching for a database replication or synchronization
> system that will allow a disconnected node to operate independently
> of the central database. The ultimate intention of this type of
> system is to have an application operate off of data locally and
> have those changes synced in the background.

I don't think there are any.  The general problem is very hard to
solve, because "synchronization" means different things to different
apps, and approaches to conflict resolution differ.  The consensus
here seems to be that it's best handled at the application level.

-Doug