Re: [sqlsmith] Failing assertions in spgtextproc.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Seltenreich
Subject Re: [sqlsmith] Failing assertions in spgtextproc.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de> writes:
>> TRAP: FailedAssertion([...], File: "spgtextproc.c", Line: 424)
>> TRAP: FailedAssertion([...], File: "spgtextproc.c", Line: 564)
>
> Can you show us the definition of the index that's causing this,
> and some samples of the data you're putting in it?

Here's a recipe for triggering the former:
   create table t(c text);   create index on t using spgist(c);   insert into t select '' from
generate_series(1,10000);  set enable_seqscan to off; select count(1) from t;

I still think it's just the assertions being too strict.

regards,
Andreas