Re: BUG #15475: Views over CITEXT columns return no data - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: BUG #15475: Views over CITEXT columns return no data
Date
List pgsql-bugs

 Paul> Hi Andrew,

 Paul> I agree it seems implausible to me too however it is 100%
 Paul> reproducible, see below track of it happening, I have changed the
 Paul> names of things to protect the innocent ;-) :

Can you show the result of adding EXPLAIN ANALYZE in front of your
select queries, both in the failing and successful cases?

i.e.

$ psql -c "EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT COUNT(*)

FROM my_events
WHERE my_date >= '2018-08-01'
AND   my_date <  '2018-09-01'
AND   type_id NOT IN ('A','LIST','OF','NOTS');" my_databasename

(and likewise for the other queries you showed)

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)