Re: crash on 8.2 and cvshead - failed to add item to the left sibling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: crash on 8.2 and cvshead - failed to add item to the left sibling
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Joe Conway" <mail@joeconway.com> writes:

> psql:/home/jconway/pgsql/das_data_load_failure2.sql:419: PANIC:  failed
> to add item to the left sibling for "pk_status_log_2007_01_4_10"

Was this preceded by a WARNING?

Was the server running with a log_min_messages low enough to log WARNINGs?

I probably can't help find the bug but I can see that would be helpful as
there are three branches of the code that can result in this and two of them
log warnings before returning the invalid offset which causes the panic.