Re: Review: B-Tree emulation for GIN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Review: B-Tree emulation for GIN
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom> BTW ... while I'm thinking about it: it seems to me to be aTom> serious error that the consistent() function isn't
givennkeysTom> so that it can know the length of the arrays it's being handed.Tom> I suppose it's possible for it to
re-deducenkeys by examiningTom> the query datum, but that could be quite expensive; and it'sTom> certainly error-prone
tohave to keep extractQuery() andTom> consistent() in sync on this.

I ran into exactly this problem in hstore; the omission of nkeys there
is seriously annoying.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)