Re: stack depth limit exceeded - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: stack depth limit exceeded
Date
List pgsql-general
salah jubeh <s_jubeh@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have written this function which is simply returns the entities which depends on a certain entity. It works fine if
the
> dependency tree is not long. However, If I have an entity which are linked to many other entities I get
>
> stack depth limit exceeded
> HINT:  Increase the configuration parameter "max_stack_depth", after ensuring the platform's stack depth limit is
adequate.

> I wrote this function to know exactly what are the tables, views that will be doped if I use cascade option.  I want
toget
> around this issue without changing the server configuration

[snip]

I'd strongly suspect a case of infinite recursion.  Have you ruled that
out first?>

You might try incrementing a sequence in the function during one of the
bad runs to see how deep it's recursing.

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting