Re: Male/female - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Godoy
Subject Re: Male/female
Date
Re: Male/female  ("Raymond O'Donnell" <rod@iol.ie>)
List pgsql-general

> Yes, but further I don't know of any country that recognizes anything
> but Male or Female.

I haven't read the beginning of the thread, but will this table be used only
for humans?  There are animals that are hermafrodites (I hope I got the
English correct...) or whose sex is only identifiable after a period of time
(days or months, usually).

So, for researchers it would be interesting to have more options.

Also, if you're doing statistics on something where the sexual option (and
transgerderness) is important, then there should be some way to point that.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>