Re: Performance Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Performance Tuning
Date
List pgsql-general
The world rejoiced as ddelao@gmail.com ("Darryl W. DeLao Jr.") wrote:
> Running ver 7.3.10 in RHEL 3.0 ES.  If I change shared buffers, dont i have to change max connections as well?

If you have enough connections, then that seems unnecessary.

The *opposite* would be true; if you change max connections, you might
need to change the size of the shared buffer...

At any rate, if you actually want substantive improvements in
performance, I would *highly* advise moving to a version of PostgreSQL
that is *way* newer, like version 8.1.  There are *enormous* numbers
of improvements that affect performance between 7.3 and 8.1.
--
output = reverse("gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/lsf.html