Re: replicating a table in several databases - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: replicating a table in several databases
Date
List pgsql-sql
gherzig@fmed.uba.ar (Gerardo Herzig) writes:
> Hi all. Im facing a situation where i have to replicate a table from
> database A in databases B,C,F and so on.
>
> The first (and only) thing i have in mind is using triggers with dblink
> for comunications with the other DB's.
>
> I dont even like the idea of replicating tables across databases, but it
>  is kind of an order :(
>
> Since dblink is not transactional, it seems error prone over time, so
> the tables will be inconsistent sooner or later, right?
>
> Do any have some less error-prone idea for this?

Two answers tend to come up: a) Slony-I (which I work on; URL below) b) Londiste (originated by "Skype folks"; see also
"SkypeTools")

Slony-I has more documentation; Londiste is reputed to be a bit easier
to configure (though being somewhat documentation-light may still
leave the bar set pretty high).
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="linuxdatabases.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://slony.info/