Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE patch v1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE patch v1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> One could imagine that an extension was updated more quickly than
> PostgreSQL major versions come out, or at least not at the exact same
> time.

Sure, but I don't see what your proposed syntax is giving us here.
Currently the new version you're upgraded to is the one installed on the
file system, and whose .so has already been upgraded, and that's it.

I still need a better grasp at what your proposal is about to comment
and integrate, I fear.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine