Re: Facing difficulty in PITR - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: Facing difficulty in PITR
Date
List pgsql-general
chiru r <chirupg@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> We are facing?difficulty?in PITR.
>
> Case :
>
> Production server backups are happening every day at 12:00AM mid night and we are refreshing Test server with the
> backup and applying wal?archives up to?10:00AM.
>
> Issue:
>
> While?transferring?wal archives from Production to Test server,?unfortunately?missing few wal archives,Due to this
> while doing ?PITR database is opening before reaching/satisfying?recovery_target_time?mentioned in recovery conf
file.

> Question: Is there any way we can stop/Pause PITR and get message ?if any wal archives got missed before reaching ?
> recovery_target_time mentioned in recovery.conf file?.

Consider using pg_standby which will wait for a missing WAL rather
than using plain cp.

Your instance will come up if time target is reached else sit there
spinning while you figure out where the missing WALs are and move them
into place.

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers