Re: Refactoring of heapam code. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anastasia Lubennikova
Subject Re: Refactoring of heapam code.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
05.08.2016 16:30, Kevin Grittner:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 2:54 AM, Anastasia Lubennikova
> <a.lubennikova@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>
>> They can be logically separated into three categories:
>> "primary storage" - r, S, t, v. They store data and visibility information.
>> The only implementation is heapam.c
>> "secondary index" - i. They store some data and pointers to primary storage.
>> Various existing AMs and managed by AM API.
>> "virtual relations" - c, f, m. They have no physical storage, only entries
>> in caches and catalogs.
> Materialized views (relkind == "m") have physical storage, and may have indexes.

Good point. I сonfused letters for views (virtual relations) and
materialized views (primary storage).
Should be:

"primary storage" - r, S, t, m. They store data and visibility information.
The only implementation is heapam.c
"secondary index" - i. They store some data and pointers to primary storage.
Various existing AMs and managed by AM API.
"virtual relations" - c, f, v. They have no physical storage, only entries
in caches and catalogs.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company