Re: PG for DataWarehouse type Queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: PG for DataWarehouse type Queries
Date
List pgsql-general
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@wdc.com> writes:
>> Can anyone shed some light on this. I just would like to know if queries
>> for raw data (not aggregregates) is expected to take a long time.
>> Running times between 30 - 2 hours for large dataset pulls.
>
>> Involves lots of joins on very large tables (min 1 millon rows each
>> table, 300 columns per table)

One more question to pile on to the others: what version of Postgres is this.

I seem to recall some older versions had trouble with tables with hundreds of
columns, but that's just guessing in the dark without actual facts to look at.

--
  Gregory Stark