casting from integer to boolean - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Seb
Subject casting from integer to boolean
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm running into a problem importing some MS Access tables into
PostgreSQL using mdbtools.  The schema is exported effectively with
mdb-schema, but several tables have boolean columns.  To deal with some
embedded double quotes in text fields, I'm exporting the tables as
INSERT commands using mdb-export.  The problem is that the boolean
fields are exported as integers (0, 1), i.e. the INSERT commands for the
booleans look like:

INSERT INTO my_table (var_bool) VALUES (0);
INSERT INTO my_table (var_bool) VALUES (1);

So this results in an error.  Unfortunately, there are many more columns
and it would be very difficult to write a regexp to replace the 0s and
1s with their quoted versions.  Is there any way to make such INSERT
commands be valid?  I have no experience with CAST, so any pointers
would be welcome.  Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb