Re: Triggers on columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Triggers on columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> In cases where you do have related functions, I suggest having
> SQL-callable V1 functions that absorb their arguments in this
> style, and then have them call a common subroutine that's a plain
> C function.

Unless you have high performance requirements, IME. Avoiding the SQL
function call is indeed measurable, even if very low in the radar.

Regards,
--
dim

You have a nice quote about the sins we'd accept/follow in the name of
performance, but google will about only find sin/cos etc material...