Re: add more frame types in window functions (ROWS) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: add more frame types in window functions (ROWS)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> So for this and the regression test problem mentioned in the other>> mail, I'm setting this back to "waiting on
author".
Hitoshi> In my humble opinion, view regression test is not necessaryHitoshi> in both my patch and yours. At least
windowtest has notHitoshi> been testing views so far since it was introduced. Am IHitoshi> missing?

If you don't want to include views in the regression test, then take
them out; I will object to that, but I'll leave it up to the committer
to decide whether it is appropriate, provided the other concerns are
addressed.

But what you have in the regression tests _now_ is, as far as I can
tell, only working by chance; with "rules" and "window" being in the
same parallel group, and window.sql creating a view, you have an
obvious race condition, unless I'm missing something.

I included view tests in my own patch for the very simple reason that
I found actual bugs that way during development.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)