Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josef Šimánek <josef.simanek@gmail.com> writes:

> The only problem I do have currently is auto-detection of perl. I'm
> getting error related to missing "Opcode.pm". PERL is autodetected and
> enabled (https://pastebin.com/xfRRrDcU).

Your Perl (not PERL) installation seems to be incomplete. Opcode.pm is a
core module, and should be in /usr/lib64/perl5, judging by the paths in
the error message.

Which OS is this?  Some Linux distributions have separate packages for
the interpreter itself and the included modules, and the packages can be
named confusingly.  E.g. on older Redhat/Fedora versions you have to
install the 'perl-core' package to get all the modules, 'perl' is just
the interpreter and the bare minimum set of strictily necessary modules.

They've fixed this in recent versions (Fedora 34 and Redhat 8, IIRC), so
that 'perl' gives you the hole bundle, and 'perl-interpeter' is the
minimal one.

- ilmari