Re: pgsql: Add checks to TRUNCATE, CLUSTER, and REINDEX to prevent - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: pgsql: Add checks to TRUNCATE, CLUSTER, and REINDEX to prevent
Date
List pgsql-committers
"Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:

>     * Improve deadlock detection when deleting items from shared buffers
> Let me know if there is better wording.

I'm not sure whhere deleting items from shared buffers enters into it.

I think you need something like:

Add deadlock detection when a process holding a buffer pin is blocked by a
lock held by a process attempting to LockBufferForCleanup() on that buffer or
more complex versions thereof. (And without adding unacceptable overhead to
pin/unpin.)

--
  Gregory Stark