Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alex
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
Re: Last gasp  (Jay Levitt <jay.levitt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Jay Levitt <jay.levitt@gmail.com> writes:

> Alex wrote:
>> I didn't follow this whole thread, but have we considered Redmine[1]?
>
> As the resident "Ruby is shiny, let's do everything in Rails on my
> MacBook" guy, I'd like to make a statement against interest: I've
> tried Redmine a few times and it's been painful.  Much of the codebase
> is deprecated, it's slow, it has no meaningful search (in 2012?!),
> I've seen wiki edits disappear, and at the moment pulling up its own
> FAQ page at redmine.org times out.

Yay, that's totally FUD to me.

Could you please elaborate a bit on your points?

Deprecated codebase?  Let me guess...

It runs on an outdated version of Rails (2.3) but only because Rails is
changing so rapidly, I believe.  There is work in progress[1] to move to
the supported branch Rails-3.x.

Slow?  Do you have any data to back this point up?

No meaningful search, eh?  Works for me.

Disappearing wiki edits?  Never seen that, but you can always file a
bug.

> Maybe you've had better luck with it, but whenever I've Googled for
> Redmine questions, the collective Internet has sighed and said "Yeah,
> it was a really good idea, though."

Certainly *you've* had some terrible luck with it. ;-)

--
Regards,
Alex

[1] http://www.redmine.org/issues/4796