Re: Unable to reload postgresql.conf without restarting - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jerry Sievers
Subject Re: Unable to reload postgresql.conf without restarting
Date
List pgsql-admin
Jose Martinez <jmartinez@opencrowd.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I made some changes to?postgresql.conf and I want them to take effect without having to restart the server.

Check your server log for any report of a syntax error in your .conf
file.

If there is one, that will prevent the changes being loaded.

pg_reload_conf() will still return 't' and you'll be unaware of the
problem

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting