Re: Implementing an expanded object in C - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: Implementing an expanded object in C
Date
List pgsql-general

 Michel> Replying to my own problem here, I guess this was a situation
 Michel> where explaining it in detail revealed the problem to me. By
 Michel> specifying my type is 'passedbyvalue'

That cannot possibly be appropriate.

 Michel> CREATE TYPE matrix (
 Michel>     internallength = 8,

Your type is clearly not a fixed-length type, because fixed-length types
cannot have expanded datums. A fixed-length type must contain its entire
representation within the fixed length - it is not allowed to be a
pointer to something else.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)