Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Gierth
Subject Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers

 Alvaro> After looking at the proposed grammar again today and in danger
 Alvaro> of repeating myself, IMO allowing the concurrency keyword to
 Alvaro> appear outside the parens would be a mistake. Valid commands:

 Alvaro>   REINDEX (VERBOSE, CONCURRENTLY) TABLE foo;
 Alvaro>   REINDEX (CONCURRENTLY) INDEX bar;

We burned that bridge with CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY; to make REINDEX
require different syntax would be too inconsistent.

If we didn't have all these existing uses of CONCURRENTLY without
parens, your argument might have more merit; but we do.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)