Re: Visualize database schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: Visualize database schema
Date
List pgsql-general

This is nice:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mogwai/?source=directory

The install is fiddly, and the interface is JDBC.   But it does a very good job of reverse engineering a schema and graphically displaying it.

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Dario Beraldi
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:55 AM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] Visualize database schema

Hello,

Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't come up with a decent solution...

Can anyone advice about a tool to visualize a database schema? Ideally, I would like something that takes the SQL definition of a schema or database (essentially the output of pg_dump) and produces a graphical representation of the tables, constraints and indexes which can be moved around for ease of visualization (something like the "Graphical query builder" that comes with pgAdmin =>1.14).
I don't care (and don't want) to modify or query the database with such tool, I just want to visualize it. (In fact, I tried to use pgAdmin for this but the graphical queries can only be saved as images and so they cannot be reloaded).

Thanks!

Dario