Re: NoSQL -vs- SQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: NoSQL -vs- SQL
Date
List pgsql-general

NoSQL is ideal for situations where we have a single table with no children.
Consider something like FACEBOOK or the like, where there is a unique id for a single table, and there are jillions of
records.
We just want to find, insert, update or delete this entry and it has no parents or children.
A simple key/store database is all that is needed.

That is where the NoSQL model shines.