Re: Compilation --with-python fails on Solaris 8 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Arcady Genkin
Subject Re: Compilation --with-python fails on Solaris 8
Date
List pgsql-bugs

> Arcady Genkin writes:
>
> > Trying to compile 7.1.1 on the system:
>
> > the compilation fails while compiling the Python interface with the
> > following (very long) error message:
>
> Edit src/Makefile.global and remove -lbind from the LIBS variable.  If
> this works, please try to rebuild everything with this new configuration
> so we can be sure it doesn't break anything else.

Thanks, that did it.  I thought that the problem was with trying to
link to both bind and resolv libraries.

I confirm that with -lbind removed from LIBS (as above) postgres
compiles successfully with the following configuration:

env CFLAGS='-O2 -pipe' ./configure --prefix=/opt/pgsql \
       --with-perl --with-python --with-CXX

Thanks again,
--
Arcady Genkin