Re: Postgresql and OS cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: Postgresql and OS cluster
Date
List pgsql-general
Nilabhra Banerjee <nil_ban@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Now do I need to run initdb again... or running postmaster directly (when
> node 2 is up and node 1 is down) can make the database up?

No, a postgres database consists entirely of the files in the data directory.
If the database process is set up properly to read those files either with -D
on startup or the PGDATA environment variable then you're done.

But you do have to be very careful to never have both nodes up at the same
time. If they are I think your database will quickly be corrupted. And both
nodes have to be the same architecture and compiled the same way.

--
greg