Re: New style of hash join proposal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: New style of hash join proposal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Bruce Momjian" <bruce@momjian.us> writes:

> If the scanning of the inner side is a performance problem, why would we
> be choosing a nested loop in the first place, vs. another type of join?

I clearly haven't done a good job explaining this as nobody seems to getting
what I'm describing. I think I'm better off focusing on the patches I've
already started rather than starting yet another project though so perhaps I
should put this aside until I can construct a good demonstration.

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Ask me about EnterpriseDB's PostGIS support!