Re: Design Documentation Help !! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: Design Documentation Help !!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Ramanujam H S Iyengar" <hals_ramu@hotmail.com> writes:
> Can i get any design documentation apart from the readme files and the
> comments those are available with the source code .

Not really. There's some information in the "Internals" section of the
main docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/internals.html

But that could probably do with a lot of improvement.

If you're new to DBMS internals, I'd also suggest picking up a
textbook on the subject. I've personally used "Database Management
Systems" by Ramakrishnan and Gehkre -- it's quite good.

-Neil