Interaction between user-defined array types and cluster.c:rebuild_relation() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gregory Stark
Subject Interaction between user-defined array types and cluster.c:rebuild_relation()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Just an observation, but when we cluster (or any other time we rebuild a heap)
we are creating a useless record type and array type for the temporary heap we
use which is subsequently dropped.

postgres=# cluster;
DEBUG:  drop auto-cascades to type pg_temp_16474
DEBUG:  drop auto-cascades to type pg_temp_16474[]
DEBUG:  drop auto-cascades to type pg_temp_16471
DEBUG:  drop auto-cascades to type pg_temp_16471[]

I can't think of any serious negative effects this could have so perhaps it's
not worth worrying about. The worst I can think of is the catalog bloat but
we're already bloating pg_class and pg_attribute anyways so this doesn't seem
like a big deal.

But I thought I would mention it in case anyone else is offended or knows of a
more serious problem it could cause.