Re: libgcc double-free, backend won't die - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gregory Stark
Subject Re: libgcc double-free, backend won't die
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> James Mansion <james@mansionfamily.plus.com> writes:
>> Is there any particular reason not to ensure that any low-level
>> threading support in libc is enabled right
>> from the get-go, as a build-time option?
>
> Yes.
> 1) It's of no value to us
> 2) On many platforms there is a nonzero performance penalty

And the only reason to do that would be to work around one bug in one small
range of glibc versions. If you're going to use a multi-threaded library
(which isn't very common since it's hard to do safely for all those other
reasons) surely using a version of your OS without any thread related bugs is
a better idea.

--
  Gregory Stark