Re: Postgres replication: dump/restore, PITR, Slony,...? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: Postgres replication: dump/restore, PITR, Slony,...?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

Shaul Dar <shauldar@gmail.com> writes:
> 1. A staging server, which receives new data and updates the DB
> 2. Two web servers that have copies of the DB (essentially read-only)
> and answer user queries (with load balancer)

[...]

> Suggestions?

I'd consider WAL Shipping for the staging server and some trigger based
asynchronous replication for feeding the web servers.

More specifically, I'd have a try at Skytools, using walmgr.py for WAL
Shipping and Londiste for replication.
  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Skytools
  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Londiste_Tutorial

Regards,