Re: Problem with at_askml function in Postgis - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with at_askml function in Postgis
Date
List pgsql-general
"Hall, Samuel L (Sam)" <sam.hall@alcatel-lucent.com> writes:
> I get this error
> ERROR:  function st_askml(geometry) is not unique
> LINE 1: select st_askml(path) from paths where jobnumber = '20121491...
>                ^
> HINT:  Could not choose a best candidate function. You might need to add explicit type casts.

> Both st_askml(geometry)  and st_askml(geometry, integer) are unique.

Perhaps st_askml(geometry, integer) has a default value for the integer
argument?  If so, the variant without that argument should have been
removed.  I'm suspicious that you've got some sort of upgrading glitch
that left both variants present when only one was needed.

            regards, tom lane