Re: what compression is used in on disk bitmap index implementation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: what compression is used in on disk bitmap index implementation
Date
List pgsql-general
On Feb 21, 2007, at 11:47 PM, sangeetha k.s wrote:
>  i want to know
>       1.what compression technique used in on disk implementation
> of bitmap index.

Use the source, luke.

You should also take a look at the discussions on the mailing lists
surrounding it's development. I know early stuff was done on the
bizgres list, while later stuff is on pgsql-hackers. I'm pretty sure
there's discussion of the compression in the -hackers archives.

>       2.if we want add a new thing to the development how we can
> test that with the database

Huh? I don't know what you're asking here...