Re: BUG #12035: Prepared Transactions cannot be ROLLBACKed - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #12035: Prepared Transactions cannot be ROLLBACKed
Date
List pgsql-bugs
ludwig.adam@petafuel.de writes:
> Matheus0l on #postgresql asked me to file a bug on this: Our setup is two
> postgres servers in streaming replication controlled by pgpool II. After a
> failover (i.e. slave got promoted) we had around 16 Prepared Transactions in
> pg_prepared_xacts for the new master, locking some tables.

> However we were unable to Perform "ROLLBACK prepared 'gid'"- it gave us the
> error message:"
> ERROR: cannot rollback prepared transaction 'gid'- transaction is busy."

I cannot find any occurrence of such an error message in the Postgres
source code (either HEAD or 9.1.x).  So I think this message must have
come from some other code --- perhaps whatever you're using for a 2PC
controller?  If that controller saw the old master and new master as
two different systems, it's not too surprising that it got confused.

            regards, tom lane