Re: does this require a stored procedure? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Alex Rice
Subject Re: does this require a stored procedure?
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 01:26  PM, chester c young wrote:

> do you mean something like:
>
>  select t.url_id, t.url as title_url, t.sval as title_val,
>     c.url as content_url, c.sval as content_val
>  from
>     (select * from urlinfo where sname = 'title') t
>  join
>     (select * from urlinfo where sname = 'Content-type') c
>  using( url_id );

Chester. Thanks, this helpful. However I think a stored procedure might
be the way to go.  See the url string exists only in the url table.
Also the primary key is named url_id or rec_id depending which table,
so the using(url_id) wouldn't work for that join.

mnogosearch=> \d url                                 Table "public.url"     Column      |       Type       |
      Modifiers

-----------------+------------------
+-------------------------------------------
---- rec_id          | integer          | not null default
nextval('next_url_id'::te
xt) status          | integer          | not null default 0 docsize         | integer          | not null default 0
next_index_time| integer          | not null last_mod_time   | integer          | referrer        | integer          |
notnull default 0 hops            | integer          | not null default 0 crc32           | integer          | not null
default0 seed            | integer          | not null default 0 bad_since_time  | integer          | site_id         |
integer         | server_id       | integer          | pop_rank        | double precision | not null default 0 url
      | text             | not null

mnogosearch=> \d urlinfo    Table "public.urlinfo" Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+----------- url_id | integer | not null sname  | text    | not null sval   | text    | not null
Indexes: urlinfo_id btree (url_id)

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice@ARCplanning.com