Re: The big MySQL spin - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: The big MySQL spin
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> OMG.  Quotes like this just make me want to vomit:
>
> "While something like PostgreSQL or Berkeley DB are straight
> democracies," he explained, "MySQL -- and JBoss, to an extent -- are
> more akin to representative democracies, such we have here in the
> U.S. It's more efficient over the long haul."

I personally think Mr. Garry is wrong on both counts (PostgreSQL is
*not* a democracy, and neither is MySQL), but I'm not sure what it has
to do with us. An analyst has an opinion on a subjective matter, and
it happened to be reported in a news story. Big deal.

-Neil